Six By Nico


Hellooo

I'm back and with my first ever restaurant review!!

If you know me at all, you'll know I'm the fussiest eater so the thought of going somewhere with a set menu with lots of new things is terrifying! But I decided to challenge myself and try something new and I loved it! Although I was very kindly invited to try the new menu, I wasn't told to say anything in particular! These are all my own opinions and honest reviews! 

Today we're going to be looking at Six By Nico! They have come over from Scotland and change their menu up every 6 weeks! This menu is called 'The Chippie' and it was inspired by Belfast's Maritime history and our Big Fish! It's running until 14th April so make sure to try it before it's gone!! It's only £28 for the whole menu and it even has snacks for £5! You can also swap out any course for their vegetarian alternative! I've listed the vegetarian options but sadly have no photos!

Now, let's see the food!




Fish Fingers

Salt Cod Brandade / Brown Sauce / Bread / Whipped Butter

Vegetarian Option: Fritter Croquette

Salt And Vinegar Potato / Brown Sauce / Bread / Whipped Butter

Chips & Cheese

Parmesan Espuma / Crisp Potato / Curry Oil

Vegetarian Option: Chips & Cheese

Goats Cheese Espuma / Crisp Potato / Curry Oil


Scampi


Monkfish Cheeks / Pea Emulsion / Wild Garlic / Gribiche

Vegetarian Option: Cauliflower Scampi

Beer Battered Cauliflower / Pea Emulsion / Wild Garlic / Gribiche
























Steak Pie


Beef Shin / Burnt Onion Ketchup / Mushroom Duxelle / Red Wine / Glazed Puff Pastry

Vegetarian Option: Root Vegetable Pie

Crushed Parsnip & Artichoke / Burnt Onion / Glazed Puff Pastry / Pickled Mustard


Fish Supper


Cod / Confit Fennel / Samphire / Beer Pickled Mussels

Vegetarian Option: Halloumi 

Homemade Brown Sauce / Fennel / Salt & Vinegar Scraps

Smoked Sausage

Pork Belly / Salt Baked Celeriac / Caramelised Apple / Black Pudding

Vegetarian Option: Veggie Sausage

Sweet Potato & Feta / Salt Baked Celeriac / Caramelised Apple

(Apologies the photo isn't great, the video of the dramatic unveiling wouldn't play!)


Deep Fried Mars Bar


Caramelia Chocolate / Orange Sorbet / Cocoa Nib

Vegetarian Option: Deep Fried Mars Bar

Caramelia Chocolate Mousse / Orange Sorbet / Dark Chocolate



This was definitely one of, if not THE, fanciest meal I've ever had! 
Even though I was cautious over certain ingredients and meals, they were all delicious! 
I wasn't a huge fan of the fish dishes but I'm not a big fish fan anyway. I did make sure to try each dish and would highly recommend visiting Six By Nico, even if you're a fussy eater like myself!! 
Well, enough rambling, here are the details for Six By Nico and finally..

Cheers!!

(Credit to Brendan Gallagher for the photo! @brendangallagherphoto)

https://www.sixbynico.co.uk/belfast/
Instagram: @sixbynicobelfast
Twitter: @sixbynico

Thanks again to Skapa PR & Cathy Martin for having me!!

Charis









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Swaps To Become More Eco Friendly

ICELAND

New Year, New Me